1. When did you start playing poker and why?
I started playing poker at 18 years old, for the shear fact of trying to beat the game using a little wit. I was a super competitive and stubborn kid growing up, being a female never came across my mindset. I already had a “short girl syndrome” disease, which made me feel as if I always had something to prove all the time. I was not a good loser and that happened a lot along the way. LoL. I got a few water bottles or chips thrown my way “accidentally”.
2. Where is your favourite place to play?
One of my favourite places to play poker would be the Bahamas for the PCA. There’s just something magical about the ocean, that brings me to peace when I play. Unfortunately I haven’t made any big scores down there, I just love the atmosphere.
3. If you can play heads up with anyone past or present who would it be? And Why?
The president of the United States because he probably won’t know anything about poker, and my chances of winning are astronomical. But I might be wrong because, sometimes I don’t know anything about poker myself.
4. What do you do when you’re not playing poker?
When Im not playing poker, I love spending time with family and friends, doing absolutely nothing but enjoying life.
5. How often do you play poker?
I would say every other week, I’m playing poker somewhere in this world. My schedule is very gruelling because I love pushing my limits in anything I do in life.
6. What is your most prized posession?
My little turtle I have on the table, it’s sentimental to me. I got it in Hawaii, where some of my family members live, and everytime I look at it, I think of home.
7. What is the craziest thing anyone has ever said to you on the poker table?
Ummm… I’m going to leave this one blank, what haven’t they said is the question.
8. What is your most memorable moment playing poker?
My most memorable moment in poker would be playing heads up in Lucky Hearts 2013 and almost being the first woman champion in WPT history. Also to make that even more memorable my fiancé (James Calderado), came back to win the title in the same event the following year (2014).
9. What are your future career goals?
To have an empire of businesses (fashion being one of them) & being able to call myself a poker champion.
10. What are the top 3 things on your bucket list?
1. Deep sea diving
2. Sky diving
3. Going to the moon
11. What would you tell young women who are interested in playing?
I would just suggest playing it as a hobby to be sure you truly love the game.
12. Are conditions in poker getting better or worse for women?
I would say it’s getting better for women because we’re fiercely competitive and believe we’re good enough to sit in a male dominated game.
13. Favorite pasttime?
Being a foodie.
14. Most embarrassing moment?
Falling of my chair backwards in Montreal playing in the main event (poker obviously).
15. What can a man do to make you smile at the table?
Being happy in general would just make me smile, I’m a huge fan of people.
16. BONUS question: What is the sexiest thing about a man?
Have a great sense of humor & smelling like it’s shower day.